Sunday 30 August 2015

A little journal

Morning folks.
I trust you are well. This week, among a few unfinished projects I managed to make a little journal using one of my book cover kits (Random 3)

 Every now and again I kind of challenge myself to work in a softer palette so for this book I took DecoArt Fluid Acrylics (Quinacridone Red, Cerulean Blue and a light green ) and lightened them with tinting base to give a pastel finish
 All 3 colours were blended onto the base covers and just the blue blended in different tones onto the front cover.
 I used Archival ink  (Watering Can) for the stamping. (Stamps from The Artistic Stamper, Swirl Background, Decay Journaling stamps #1 and Mechanical Bird)
 The bird was stamped onto water colour card and coloured with Distress Markers. Everything was sealed with DecoArt Faux Finishing Medium and a few tiny tattered flowers were added to give depth to the foliage.
 The book pages are constructed using 200gsm white card and the signatures held together with organza ribbon.
Overall, the look is soft and pretty. It was fun to create too.

No comments: