Thursday 1 March 2018

Altered Frame

Good morning friends.
I trust this finds you well. It has been a difficult start to the year, I was hoping that it was going to be a better year than 2017  so here's hoping that the year improves as it goes on.....

Today I thought I would pop on to share a picture frame that I have recently altered using DecoArt products. I love the details on the frame but the plain white plastic finish definitely didn't float my boat.

I began with a coat of DecoArt Chalk Paint in a lovely deep brown. I left it to dry for a bit but not totally.


I began working over this with a light DecoArt Chalk Paint (Primitivo I think) which blended in beautifully with the under layer of brown to create a more distressed and faded finish.

 I rubbed some areas back a bit give a more weathered effect and left to dry thoroughly.

Next it was time to add some bling with DecoArt Metallic Lustres.



The final aging was achieved with a wash of DecoArt Fluid Acrylic Media in Quinachrodone Gold and Carbon Black.


I left this to dry thoroughly before adding a but more of the Lustre. When dry I filled it with vintage styled photos from a trip to Beamish last year.


Hope you like it. It's a perfect way to add character and style to an inexpensive frame.
Have a lovely day folks.

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GREAT ideas! I like the Metallic Lustre product! NICE!

Carmen said...

I have never seen that DecoArt fluid media - something to look out for definitely. Loved your final effect and always love a good step by step :) I often see cheap white frames in Poundland and leave them on the shelf. I may pick a couple up and try something like this.