Friday 18 November 2016

Christmas Bauble

Good morning friends.
I trust that I thought I would grab a moment to share a small Christmas Tree Bauble I made using a clear perspex bauble from Country Love Crafts. This is the finished bauble.

 I tore strips of vintage sheet music and glued them to the back of the bauble using DecoArt Faux Finishing Medium and allowed to dry. Once dry I added a wash of  DecoArt Warm White Americana Acrylic. I raided my stash box and used a glue gun to secure the wooden stag embellishment. I took my Fantasy 2 stamp from The Artistic Stamper and inked it up with Jet Black StazOn and rolled the edges of the front part of the bauble over to create a but of patterned interest.

Once everything was dry I added some seed pearl beads to the mix.....

Of course it isn't Christmas without a little sparkle so I brushed Faux Finishing Medium behind the stamped areas of the front of the bauble and the inside edges of the back. A little on the stag too. A spoonful of Ultra Fine Glitter in place I closed the bauble and gave it a good shake.
 I opened it up and allowed it to dry thoroughly before wiping the excess glitter away from the non glued areas.
 Once dry I popped it back together, added my ribbon and hey presto, a lovely decoration for my tree this year!
Hope you like it....
Take care and have a lovely creative day.

No comments: