Thursday 10 December 2015

Coming up for air.....

Hi there folks.
I guess you have thought I'd wandered off to another planet!
Well, to be honest this has turned out to be a bit of a challenging year for me and when there a lot of things happening something has to give and as a result my personal crafting has taken a bit of a back seat, ok a lot of the back seat.
Having said that, the reality is that for those of us who are not is a position to make a living from our crafting passion will always have many things that take precedence. For me, family and making ends meet need to be on top of the list.
I had good intentions of being able to post my little bit of Christmas crafting in the form of an Advent calendar every day but alas, being in Retail at this time of year can be brutal so I consider myself blessed to have come up for air today long enough to post the first 9 days LOL and perhaps I'll be able to progress to more regular posting in the new year.
So, back to my advent calendar. I made the basis of the calendar a while ago and the plan was to fill each piece creatively for the 24 days of December. So now in a block, here are days one to nine.....









All have been done with Distress Inks and stamps primarily and each day has a scripture verse to reflect on. As time is precious they are all simple and quick. Next year I will probable begin to add a little more detail and sparkle onto each one. I've done today being the 10th but it's too dark to photograph properly so I'll probable do another block post on Sunday. Hope you enjoy them.


and though it's blurry, this gives you an idea of how they are cascading down my door.
Hope you all have a lovely evening.

3 comments:

whyducks said...

Great work, I am surprised you have the time or the energy to do any art work Neil. Happy Christmas x

Robin said...

I really, really like these, Neil, and am inspired to make one of these for myself. I'm so glad that you are able to share these with us, and I hope that you and your family have a very Happy Christmas season. I wish you a coming year that is less stressful and gives you more time to use your very considerable creative talents. Blessings to you all.

Belinda Basson said...

You are still doing a whole lot more and better than me who has not posted since mid November and that post was 2 weeks late... Life in the fast lane down here at the tip of Africa... Love what you have done so far.