Sunday 3 May 2015

A few bits.....

Good evening folks.
I hope this finds you well. I've had a busy time again recently but wanted to touch base here to say hi. Firstly I thought I'd share a couple of links to a couple of my recent posts over on The Craft Barn blog (in case you missed them LOL)
The Calender challenge for May can be found HERE and then Earlier this week I shared a little mini album with tutorial. This is the cover
 and all the details are HERE for the full step by step.
So, what else have I been up to? Well, yesterday I was at The Craft Barn demonstrating with DecoArt products.I was focussing mainly on the Interference colours which I love. Usually I never get anything finished at these days but I surprised myself yesterday by managing to make this simple tag.
 The is Fluid abackgroun is fluid acrylic Prussian Blue Hue with interference colours brushed through to give a subtle shimmer. The background stamped iwth a Stampendous stamp (Old Letter I think) with a main sentiment from Kaiserkraft. The butterfly is black card coloured with interference and finished with Triple thick glaze. You can't really see the shimmer in the photo but it is gorgeous.
 This is another project finished yesterday. A small canvas with a couple of interference paints for a subtle bling. I just love this image from Stampendous too.
 Also at the Barn yesterday was the amazingly talented Lindsay Mason.
 And the equally gifted Helen Chilton working her magic on fabric.
 By the end of the day I had made my usual mess; this is the "craftermath" I'm surrounded by butterflies and you can also see one of my book covers taking shape.

Of course, being surrounded by such gorgeous crafting goodies in the shop, a little retail therapy was required to end the day.....
 I love these new silicone stamps from Viva. Normally I avoid clear stamps but I couldn't resist these and they stamp beautifully too.
 Then these thinlits just "fell" into my bag too. Along with the Primitive heart die and the magnetic plate from Sizzix which I am sure will make the thinlits easier to cut.
Today was spent in the studio catching up on some DT work. Next I need to think of something to do that will use a lot of butterflies........any ideas?
Hope you all have a good week. 

2 comments:

Belinda Basson said...

The Craft Barn seems like a lovely busy place. I love the colours of your butterflies. You could make a mobile of them if you stick them back to back!

Quirky Shepherd said...

I would make some butterfly bunting, the colours are amazing.