Tuesday 12 May 2015

Gift card.

Good morning peeps.
I trust you are well. Today I have a card to share with you. The idea for this came when I picked up a necklace which I thought would make a pretty gift for someone. Just a little something to cheer a friend up rather than a birthday gift. So, just for fun I thought it would be good to make it part of the card.
I started off with an 8 x 8 inch card blank. I cut burgundy card to 7.7 x 7.5 inch and a piece of white card to 7 x 7 inch. I stamped the background with a map image from Viva stamps in Coffee Archival ink. I then stamped the compass in Jet Black Archival and the ship onto a scrap of white and cut out. I added colour with Distress Ink in the following order; Stormy Sky, Forest Moss, Stormy Sky (again) and Walnut Stain.
I laid my Frame 1 mask centrally onto the card and spritzed with water and blotted off.  Lastly I added a couple of areas of Brushed Gold Distress Stain to add a bit of a shine. (Not that you can see it in the photo.)
 The ship was added to the card using 3d foam pads and I stamped the sentiment in Plum Archival ink and I used a crop o dile to punch a hole through which I threaded the necklace.
 Inside the card  the ecxess chain is popped into a little organza bag rather than taping it down.
Now all it needs is a pretty insert to finish off for the recipient.


No comments: