Saturday 9 May 2015

A little heart.

Good morning friends.
I trust that this finds you well. This morning I thought I'd share a little project with you. At the moment I have been busy but not much is able to be shared yet so this little project was done in between other projects.
It's just a simple heart; I do think there is beauty in simplicity though and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. (My wife has already "stolen" it so that's always a good sign!)
 The heart is a wooden one I picked up from The Craft Barn a while a ago. (http://www.thecraftbarn.co.uk/wooden-heart-large.html)
 The  leaf embellishment is made from a silicone mold and air dry lightweight clay.  Originally I bought it when doing our silver anniversary cake and found it rather difficult to use with icing but it's perfect with the clay. Once the embellishment was in place I gave the heart a covering of DecoArt Media Crackle Paint. I love this stuff, it goes on easily and gives great crackle, both fine and thick. When the crackle had dried I used DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream (Raw Umber) to bring out the crackle.
 I painted the leaves with DecoArt Dazzling Metallics paint (Dark Patina) and lightly brushed some of the same paint onto the heart just to catch some of the more raised areas.
I used the paint to paint a heart onto the back, just in case I wanted to add a message.....

I would reccommend that you seal the finished heart using something like DecoArt areosol matte finish sealer to protect the finish.

With all the focus on the elections this week, the fact that it was anniversary of VE day may have slipped you by. I have a litte project over on The Craft Barn Blog HERE about it; perhaps you'd like to pop on over for a look?


2 comments:

Karen said...

No wonder Susan nabbed this heart Neil...its so pretty and understated! x

Unknown said...

Love the soft colours on this xx