Tuesday 1 April 2014

Birds and Bees over at A little bit Crafty

Good morning friends.
Wow, April already, where is the time going? A new month means a new challenge over at A Little Bit Crafty and the theme this month is Birds and Bees. There is some great inspiration from the team and some great prizes too so we'd love to see you taking part.

 I'm making more of an effort to make cards this year as my back up stock is looking a bit thin so I put this together from assorted pieces from my desk.
 I began with an embossed card blank and spritzed some ink randomly using the Tim Holtz Marker Spritzer and blending Distress Ink over the whole piece.
I used a #6 tag for the centre panel and used the Spritzer and the Doily stencil to add the pattern. I then added some dimension with a mask and Grunge Paste.
 The Flowers are made out of the wings from a PaperArtsy stamp with flat back pearl centres. They have been coloured with Dylusions ink
 I felt that it needed a bit more so I cut the card blank off and matted it onto green card and re mounted onto a larger blank.
I attached the tag upside down and tied a bow to the bottom and attached the bee. (The bird flew away lol)

Hope you like it. Take care and I hope you have a great month......

1 comment:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

'LOVE the Pattern that you created!!!!!!