Tuesday 25 March 2014

Playing in my journal.

Hi there peeps
I trust that you are all well. I'm flitting from pillar to post at the moment but grabbed a moment to work in my "scrap" journal. All the pages that were from my pile of papers I use to mask off when I'm working with sprays etc have been bound so it creates a starting point for journaling with none of the dreaded white page panic syndrome.
I picked up the Dandy Robot stamps from Stampers Anonymous. When I first saw these I wasn't too keen, then I saw them "in the flesh" so to speak and thought, oooh, these actually look pretty cool....needless to say, I took them home and promptly fell in love with them when inked up!
These are the resulting pages

 The word smile gives a somewhat surreal feel to the already quirky image. All the colouring was done very roughly with Dylusions.
 I didn't add anything to the background except for a touch of stamping. I like the way there was almost a window for the character to come into focus in the page.
 This next page was added to by adding details with the Distress Marker Spritzer and I added the tag for hidden journaling.
 I had fun with the images, I inked up the main image except for the head and stamped it. I then took the head from the Presenters and stamped that which worked brilliantly to give me another character. I made a mask for that and them stamped the full dandy robot behind to give me the two characters
 I stamped them in greay so the are fairly shadowy and added a little colour with Dylusions.
 I used tissue tape to attach the tag to the page.
The metal piece at the bottom of the tag was something I picked up off the street to which I added the compass sticker and attached it to the tag with a faux screw brad.

I had a good time doing these and am very happy with the finished pages. Now, I'm running late for work so I'd better get a move on! Take care everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Neil, I LOVE these pages & I'm in awe that the backgrounds are mostly from your scrap papers etc. Mine never look as good as these. I also love the robot/skeleton image, must investigate him more closely, I think I need the stamp... :)

Michelle said...

Fabulous Page Neil, love to you both x Michelle