Monday 31 March 2014

Couple of ATCs and stuff

Good evening folks.
I hope you are all well and that you had a good weekend too. Here in the UK it was Mothering Sunday and instead of taking her mother out for a meal my daughter thought it would be nice to go for a picnic instead......
We did have a slight detour in the morning to our local boot fair though where I picked up these goodies


 I love finding belts like these there as there are just so useful in mixed media pieces.
 And I could not resist this, no, I have no idea what it's original purpose was, but it is cool and once I've "rusted" and coloured it ........ anyway, onto the picnic


 We set up in Trosley Park and had a lovely relaxed time. Once we had finished we went for a long walk enjoying the scenery before visiting a nearby garden centre to pick up a cake and then we had afternoon tea in a different area of the park.

It was a lovely day of much needed R&R

I've not had a much time to spend in the crafty cave at the moment but I did make time to participate in an ATC swap. The theme was Brown and Turquoise with the option of adding/using a non crafty item.

This is the lovely ATC I received from my swap partner Kerrie-anne

and this is the one I sent

I do love this Robot by Lindsay Mason, there is something lovely and quirky about him.

Hopefully I'll get time this week to get some more creative time as I have a head buzzing with ideas at the moment but not enough hours to get them done. Have yourselves a lovely evening and I'll be back in the morning with a new post for A little bit Crafty......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day you all had - finding treasure & enjoying a delicious feast. Those ATCs look great.

Anne said...

I think your "I don't know it's original purpose" item--- is used to hold(clamp) the hooks while tying flies for fly fishing-maybe?
Either way, I am sure you will alter it into something fabulous!

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

What a great post. I loved seeing the photos of your fun day as well as the fabulous goodies you found at the fair. Also love the ATCs, but have to say the one you sent is my favorite, I especially love the robot theme and the great wording which is so true.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Everyone looks so HAPPY! NICE!!!!
i like the ATC, too = )

Sande said...

Sounds like you and your family had a wonderful Mothering Day. Your daughter did a amazing job planning the picnic for her Mom.

Wow...your belt find it super. I have one similar to the silver one and have never seen another till now. My mother had this belt back in the '50's and thought we never got even a tiny smack she would threaten me and my sister that she would use that belt and not her hand. Needless to say we were scared to death of the belt. I still have it and cherish it, it is now 60+ years old.

Love both of the ATC's and the robot is adorable.